Fora Health is building digital health products to bring personalised health care to everyone.
We’re looking for a senior backend engineer with expertise in Ruby on Rails to join our team in London. It’s a really exciting time – we’re building our first products and taking them to market. So it’s a chance to really make your mark.
You will work with our mobile and web engineers to design a backend to collect, store and process health data safely and securely. You will be our first backend engineer, so you’ll have a significant input on architecture. You’ll also build integrations with other 3rd party systems such as electronic health records. We promote an environment of inclusivity and collaboration, so working alone is rarely the case. We all own the code and enjoy learning new things!
We’re changing the way health care works for everyone. We’re making the most of technology to support patients and clinicians in their everyday life. We need to treat the data we collect with the utmost care to make sure it is never compromised. But we also need to make sure that the data is put to use to benefit the patient. Your role as a senior backend engineer will be central in making this happen.
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys working in small teams with designers, software engineers, clinicians and scientists
- Believes in the role of technology to improve medical research and healthcare
- Has some experience with Ruby on Rails and a desire to learn more
- Favours tried and tested technologies over the latest trends
- Is passionate about crafting clean code with well-defined structure and logic
- Is confident writing tests, and believes they are integral to development
- Enjoys pairing with other engineers and values sharing knowledge and skills
What we are offering
- Competitive salary in the range of £55,000 – £75,000 per year depending on level of experience
- Pension programme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Great workspace, 5 minutes walk from Old Street Underground
- Option to work remotely as part of our existing distributed team
Right to work
If you are applying to work in our London office for this job, you should have the right to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
How to apply
Please submit your details via this form.
No agencies please